PublishThis is hiring a Senior Software Engineer – Java for our Content Platform team in Los Angeles, CA.
What you’ll do
You’ll lead a team that is responsible for the development of PublishThis’ core content platform which consists of content/media crawling, social scoring, machine learning, monitoring, publishing and integrations. You’ll have significant influence over the vision, features, and design of this critical platform. You will write simple and sustainable code that reflects a constant understanding of the business impacts. This is a terrific opportunity to join a solid and growing company and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in Java
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm – design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven software design skills
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
- Strong background with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus.
- Good communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments a plus.
Our technology stack includes:
- ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible